Keeping your new year's resolutions
What was your new year's resolution? To lose weight? Get fit? Despite our best intentions, it can be hard to stay on track. We have some tips to help you:
1. Be realistic - Understand what you are capable of and what is realistic for you and your lifestyle. If you want to exercise more, try locking down an achievable amount of sessions a week. Don't force yourself to go to the gym every day or to run a marathon - you'll only burn out.
2. Talk about your goals - Share your plans with family and friends so that they can encourage and support you along the way (maybe even join in!)
3. Set a time frame and break your goal into smaller ones - Planning sets your resolution into motion. A time frame helps you aim for something and monitor your progress. Breaking your big goal into smaller tasks makes it more manageable.
4. Don't beat yourself up - Gone off track with a few barbecues and parties or missed training sessions? Get back on the horse and keep going. The road to success is full of ups and downs.
5. Treat yourself - Doing well? Making great progress? Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself. Not with a few chocolate bars but in other positive ways such as a massage or movie.
6. Ask for support - There are many health professionals and programs that can help you get healthier. The Life! program is one of them. We're a free healthy lifestyle program that can help you achieve your 2019 goals. Call 13 74 75 or message us to speak to our friendly team.