Join the Life! program
You may be eligible for the Life! program if you are:
- 18 years and over and have an AUSDRISK score ≥ 12 and a Body Mass Index score ≥ 25
- 18 years and over and have an AUSDRISK score ≥ 12 and BMI ≥23 (participants who self-identify of Asian background*)
- 45 years or over OR ≥ 35 years and of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and have an Absolute Risk score of ≥10% when referred by a GP clinic.
- 18 years and over and have previously been diagnosed with one or more of the following:
- heart attack or stroke
- diabetes during pregnancy
- kidney disease
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- high blood glucose levels
- polycystic ovary syndrome
The first step is to check your eligibility for the program. You can check your eligibility now by using our FREE online type 2 diabetes risk test. It will only take 3 minutes.
If you score higher than 12, you may be eligible for the free Life! program. To learn more about the Life! program, click here.
To speak to the Life! team about your eligibility please call 13 RISK (13 74 75).
*Asian background includes three distinct sub-regions (Parliament of Australia, 1997):
- Northeast Asia (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan);
- Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Burma (Myanmar), the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam); and
- Southern Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal).