About the Life! program
The Life! program is a free Victorian healthy lifestyle program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Run by expert health professionals, the program is delivered as a group course or a telephone health coaching service.
Changing your lifestyle isn't easy, especially on your own. The Life! program gives you the motivation and support needed to make and maintain positive changes and to live a healthier and more active lifestyle. This approach has been shown to be more effective than taking medication and has a long-term positive effect on your health.
Since 2007, over 58,000 Victorians have learnt more about the steps they can take to live a healthy life. Funded by the Victorian Government and managed by Diabetes Victoria it is the biggest prevention program of its type in Australia.
The first step is to check your risk. If you score higher than 12, you may be eligible for the free Life! program. You can check your risk right now by using our FREE online risk test. It will only take 3 minutes.
Life! program eligibility
You are eligible for the Life! program if you are:
- 18 years and over and have an AUSDRISK score≥ 12 and a Body Mass Index score ≥ 25
- 18 years or more and have previously been diagnosed with one or more of the following:
- heart attack or stroke
- diabetes during pregnancy
- kidney disease
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- high blood glucose levels
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- 45 years or more (or ≥ 35 years and of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent) and have an Absolute Risk score of ≥10% when referred by a GP clinic
Call 13 RISK (13 74 75) to speak to the Life! team about your eligibility.