About the Life! program
The Life! program is a free Victorian healthy lifestyle program that helps you improve your eating habits, physical activity and stress management. Run by expert health professionals, the program is delivered as a group course or a telephone health coaching service and shows you how to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Changing your lifestyle isn't easy, especially on your own. The Life! program gives you the motivation and support needed to make and maintain positive changes and to live a healthier and more active lifestyle. This approach has been shown to be more effective than taking medication and has a long-term positive effect on your health.
Since 2007, over 65,000 Victorians have learnt more about the steps they can take to live a healthy life. Funded by the Victorian Government and coordinated by Diabetes Victoria it is the largest prevention program of its kind in Australia.
You can read the Life! program evaluation report overview 2018-19 to learn more about our results.
The first step is to check your eligibility. You can do this now by using our FREE online test. It will only take 3 minutes.
Check your eligibility
You can check whether you are eligible for the Life! program by doing our free online test.
You may be eligible for the Life! program if you are 18 years or over and have a;
- score of 12 or higher on the test
- Body Mass Index score of 25 or higher (or 23 if you are of Asian background*)
Did you score less than 12 on the online test? You may also be eligible if you are:
- 18 years or over and have been diagnosed with one or more of the following:
- ✓ heart attack or stroke
- ✓ diabetes during pregnancy
- ✓ kidney disease
- ✓ high cholesterol
- ✓ high blood pressure
- ✓ high blood glucose levels
- ✓ polycystic ovary syndrome
- 45 years or over (OR 35 years or over when of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent) and have an Absolute Risk score of 10% or over when referred by a GP clinic
If you meet these criteria, please call us on 13 74 75 to find out how you can enrol in the Life! program today.
*Asian background includes three distinct sub-regions (Parliament of Australia, 1997):
- Northeast Asia (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan);
- Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Burma (Myanmar), the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam); and
- Southern Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal).