- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 400 g lean beef steak, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 410 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce, extra
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 cups steamed rice (from 2 cups uncooked rice), to serve
- Mix garlic, ginger and soy in a small bowl; season with black pepper. Add beef, stir to coat and set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frypan with oil and heat. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes over high heat until browned. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef.
- Spray pan with oil, add beans and broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to the pan, cover and cook until vegetables soften but remain bright green.
- Add in corn, beef, soy and oyster sauces and basil. Stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Cover dish, refrigerate and marinate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight. Do not discard the broccoli stalk; use a peeler to remove the hard outer layer then dice the remaining vegetable and add to stir-fry.
- For more heat, add a chopped red chilli to beef marinade.
- Substitute lean pork, skinless chicken breasts, kangaroo steak or tofu for beef.
Recipes and images supplied courtesy of LiveLighter Victoria.