Community prevention sessions
The Life! program is providing free prevention sessions for community groups and organisations on how to prevent type 2 diabetes and improve health and wellbeing.
The session covers the following:
- What is diabetes, heart disease and stroke?
- Symptoms and complications of diabetes;
- Risk factors linked to type 2 diabetes;
- Healthy eating and weight control;
- Physical activity; and
- An introduction to the Life! program — a free lifestyle modification program.
The presentation is held in the group’s usual meeting space and will provide participants with ideas and tips on how to:
- Change behaviour to improve health and wellbeing; and
- Identify and address barriers to implementing positive health behaviours.
All attendees will complete an Australian Diabetes Risk assessment (AUSDRISK) to determine their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. High risk, eligible attendees are then able to participate in a Life! group course or Life! Telephone Health Coaching
We work with each community group to plan the delivery of the prevention session and coordinate suitable dates and times. We also assist with the promotion of the sessions and can provide resources to distribute to group members.