Become a Life! Telephone Health Coach
Health professionals across Victoria are helping to prevent type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke by delivering our Life! program through a flexible Telephone Health Coaching service.
The Life! Telephone Health Coaching Service gives participants an opportunity to complete the program at a time and location that suits them.
“It was really convenient for me as getting the calls on Saturdays meant that they didn’t disturb my working week." - Shun, Life! Telephone Health Coaching participant.
Who can apply to become a Life! Telephone Health Coach?
Our health coaches come from a variety of allied health backgrounds and include exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, nurses (div 1 and 2) and dieticians, amongst other health professions.
Telephone Health Coaches need to demonstrate that they have:
- Qualifications and current registration/accreditation with their relevant peak body
- Proven ability to communicate sensitively and empathetically with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Appropriate counselling techniques (e.g. active listening, motivational interviewing, coaching, problem solving)
- Professional and program knowledge
All Telephone Health Coaches are required to complete training through Health Change Australia and a one-day training day in Melbourne.
What you will receive from us
Telephone Health Coaching providers will receive:
- $350 for each eligible participant who completes Telephone Health Coaching
- Free resources to help you promote the Life! program
- Guidance and support to deliver the Life! program
- Yearly professional development
Express your interest in becoming a facilitator
To express your interest to become a Life! Telephone Health Coach, please complete the Life! Telephone Health Coach Provider EOI form.
For more information please contact the Life! team.
T: 03 8648 1880
Life! facilitator - Luke Daley, Daley Nutrition.