About the Life! program
The Life! program is a Victorian lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Run by expert health professionals, the program is delivered as a Group Course or a Telephone Health Coaching service.
Changing your lifestyle isn't easy, especially on your own. The Life! program gives you the motivation and support needed to make and maintain positive changes to adopt healthy behaviours and a more active lifestyle. This approach has been shown to be more effective than taking medication and has a long-term positive effect on your health.
Since the program began in 2008 over 50,000 Victorians have learnt more about the steps they can take to live a healthy life. Funded by the Victorian Government and managed by Diabetes Victoria it is the biggest prevention program of its type in Australia.
Life! program eligibility criteria
To participate in the Life! program, participants must have one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- 18 years and over and have an AUSDRISK score≥ 12 and a BMI score ≥ 25
- 18 years or more and have previously been diagnosed with one or more of the following:
- cardiovascular disease (including myocardial infarction, angina and angioplasty)
- gestational diabetes
- moderate or severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- familial hypercholesterolemia
- serum total cholesterol >7.5mmol/L
- systolic BP of ≥ 180mmHg or diastolic BP of ≥ 110mmHg
- impaired glucose tolerance (by FPG, OGTT or HbA1c)
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- 45 years or more, or ≥ 35 years and of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and have an Absolute Risk score of ≥10% when referred by a GP clinic
Please contact 13 RISK (13 74 75) to speak to our Life! staff about your eligibility.